Lead Guidewire PolicyCenter Software Engineer
Multifamily housing partners face risk every day. To limit liability from residents-caused damage, they turn to Assurant. We understand your residents and offer a complete portfolio of risk mitigation solutions that go far beyond renters’ insurance. Our unmatched expertise, integrated with capabilities and customer insight give us the tools to offer innovative protection options that residents want and you need.
In this role, you will work closely with our business and technical teams to help set up Guidewire Policy Center to our requirements. We are looking for people with expertise in Policy Center Guidewire Cloud or version 10. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What Makes us different?
- Our Engineering team leverages modern cloud technologies to solve customer problems around the globe
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Configure screen layouts and create new screens in Guidewire Studio, Configure business rules and other business logic in Gosu
- Design and code integration components including plug-ins and programs that call the GW APIs. Configure operational parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes, etc
- Work closely with business stakeholders to build high-throughput systems, work in a collaborative environment by occasionally pair and/or mob programming
- Create form and letter templates and their supporting XML descriptor files, communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to build technical solutions
- Participate in design and code reviews, Create new data model elements and extend application data model, GGrow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Guidewire Cloud or v10 Expertise in Policy Center
- Configuration Experience (lots of it)
- 5+ years of Java programming
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns. Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions and programming exercises
- Experience with XML
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Guidewire Certification(s)
- Experience with SQL relational database engines and relational database design
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD frameworks, experience in Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.