Lead Oracle Cloud Administrator
Overview of Position
As a Lead Oracle Cloud Administrator, you’re responsible for being an active team contributor and provide software development guidance and mentoring. This is a highly technical position that will be actively involved in processes and work with people responsible for the technical rigor of some of Assurant’s key systems. Your team will build product that continuously provides business value.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Build and deliver IT solutions that demonstrably provide business value by using the right blend of people, process, and technology
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Gathers, organizes, and documents requirements
- Assists with system/data analysis and report solution development based on requirements
- Strive to achieve consistency across assigned feature delivery teams
- Ensure team collaboration to work towards issue resolutions
- Implement solutions and provide system support
- Define, monitor, and enforce coding standards and promote design pattern usage
- Ensure as-built documentation is captured
- Stay current in new technologies and platforms; identifies emerging technologies to solve complex business problems
- Follows Agile Practices to form high performing delivery teams
- Responsible for maintaining team backlog to sustain platform health and drive continuous growth
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality goals
- Follow guidelines and work well within a team environment
- Participate in implementing and supporting various aspects of Oracle security, security controls and role-based access controls
- Preparing the functional design and technical design for custom roles after discussing with functional teams
- Supporting unit test of custom roles based on the Business Scenario
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the IT teams and associated staff
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Familiarity with Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems is a must
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud security and controls
- Familiarity with IT general controls (ITGC)
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise Financial ERP systems (ex: Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, JDE, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with Oracle Financials Cloud
- 2+ years of experience working with Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience working with Oracle reporting products
- Understanding of data conversion and system integration
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, values, principles, framework, and practices
- Stellar interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects
- Proficiency with business system design/ modeling, documentation and analysis techniques, and testing methodologies
- 4+ of experience working with SQL, API, ETL / SSIS, ODI, data marts, .NET, etc.
- 5+ years of technical leadership developing enterprise level software
- 5+ years of programming experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience working with Oracle Risk Management Cloud
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise data management tools (ex: Oracle EDM)
- 2+years of experience working with EPM Cloud Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated DevOps experience
- Ability to design and build both on premise and cloud solutions
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and best practices
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.