IQ Data International, DBA Assurant Recovery Solutions, a Fortune 300 company and a member of the S&P 300. We are an established leader in the Asset Recovery Industry where we service property managers across the U.S. exclusively.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate and coordinate the drafting and filing of the legal court pleadings through various states. Position also provides assistance to the Litigation Manager for the day-to-day operations of the Legal Department. This position is responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance at all times with company policy and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Draft legal court pleadings such as summons, complaint, proof of service, garnishment paperwork, satisfactions, and dismissals.
- Coordinate and facilitate the workflow of court pleadings through various states with our retained attorneys.
- Assist in managing written and verbal communication to/from court clerks, consumers/defendants, garnishees, attorneys, clients, and interoffice communication.
High School Diploma
At least 1 years’ experience in a law firm, collection agency, or similar type of office that handled civil litigation or legal collection efforts. Such experience would include drafting and/or coordinating the filing of legal pleadings.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to use skip tracing tools for asset and home address location.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Must be able to take direction on workflow from Managers and work withing dynamic environment to ensure compliant process is followed.
- Ability to professionally communicate with court clerks, attorneys, consumers/defendants, clients, and other interoffice departments.
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Skilled typing, 50 wpm, minimum.
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/