Assurant is looking for Licensed Insurance sales agents to join our dynamic team. Come build a career with our team or grow your portfolio of work before you set out in new directions. We are a fast-paced, energetic environment where you drive the results while having the opportunity to connect remotely and enjoy competitive work from the comforts of home.
You will serve as the point of contact in fulfilling the insurance needs of our clients by assisting them with the sales process via live chat or selling coverage via inbound calls for: Renters Insurance, Manufactured Housing and Classic Car insurance.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You treat others with dignity and respect and consider the benefits and risks to employees and the business when addressing issues
- You are an innovative thinker who anticipates and solves problems
- You have superior relationship-building skills and can adapt to multiple audiences
What you will like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
- 90% Handle inbound calls for multiple products with no prospecting or cold calling
- 10% outbound calls to follow up on existing quotes
- Establish a good liaison with our clients’ customers while selling Renters, Manufactured Housing and Classic Car insurance
- Adopt and develop strategies while meeting departmental monthly sales goals
- Track and monitor personal results to meet monthly sales and key performance goals
- Follow underwriting requirements and corporate policies while negotiating sales
- Navigate a computerized data entry system, internet, and/or other relevant applications for tracking, information gathering, troubleshooting and transaction processing
- Complete mandatory licensure continuing education and other training sessions as appropriate
- Remain positioned and well informed of changes implemented that affect your work
- Work 4 weekdays from 10:30 AM – 7:45 PM ET and Saturdays, 9:45 AM – 5 PM ET.
- Our sales center is open from 8 AM to 10 PM ET on weekdays and 10 AM – 5 PM ET on weekends. Individuals will have the ability to earn earlier shifts through our quarterly, performance-based shift bid process.
What You Should Know About Us:
- Our uncompromising values- Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking, and Uncommon Results guide the way we support our customers and work with one another
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We have over 125 years of experience innovating and adapting to the changing needs of our customers
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of Sales related experience
- 2-3 years of call center/insurance experience (is a plus)
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Must posses a 220 Property & Casualty or 20-44 Personal Lines insurance license
- Ability to become appointed/licensed as a non-resident agent in all applicable states
- Strong analytical, listening, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritize tasks with shifting deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization internally and externally
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.