Assurant, is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services that capture, extend and optimize the life and value of used mobile devices. We are transforming the wireless ecosystem by helping consumers realize and immediately take advantage of the residual value of their used devices and are providing a reliable and responsible way of collecting, processing and distributing used mobile devices. Assurant’s approach delivers economic, environmental and social benefits to the partners, consumers and communities it serves.
The Loss Prevention Agent will maintain a high visibility presence to deter inappropriate actions. Their goals are to observe and report inappropriate conduct.
How We’re Different
- We provide competitive compensation
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to facility and production floor
- Observe detecting devices (metal detectors and wands) and report any issues to supervisor.
- Report any suspicious/unusual occurrences to Assurant management team
- Walk inside on production floor to ensure no tampering to doors, windows, or dock.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Write incident and accident reports
- Maintain Visitors and Contractors log
- Watch alarm systems and CCTV video cameras and report any suspicious activity
- Ensures that all employees and visitors have appropriate outwardly displayed security badges
- Create reports on incidents for management use
- High school degree or equivalent
- Dedicated team player
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Products Suite and related software programs
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates, or permits. Unarmed Security License, CPR and AED preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to work extended hours including nights and weekends, as required
- Integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism
- Ability to operate handheld two-way radio
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 4am-6pm Mon-Sun
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Job location, on-site in LaVergne, TN
- Work is performed in a typical warehouse environment with exposure to high and low temperatures, moderate to high levels of noise and forklift truck traffic
- This position requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time. Will occasionally require bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Ability to move/lift up to 25 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.