As a mailroom clerk you are responsible for a variety of administrative duties which ranges from moderate complexity to repetitive tasks that includes sorting incoming mail, interdepartmental mail, notices, and memorandums for accurate and timely distribution. You are responsible for all outgoing mail for the Kingston Operations Center, pick up and mail outs.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Tasks are varied but standardized.
- Open, prep, identify, sort and batch all incoming mail based on product, exceptions, and priorities. Operate computerized scanning machinery and programs to scan files into imaging system.
- General Scanning.
- Information retrieval
- Resolves simple problems, refers more difficult items to senior associate.
- Assists in assembling data needed or other items for reports.
- Verifies information, checks for completeness
- Generally, works in one functional area but may rotate through other areas for familiarization with broader activities.
- Images/microfilms Company records to ensure that vital records are achieved and protected. Checks that imagining process meets quality control standards. Retrieves documents as requested and maintains appropriate records.
- Distribution of incoming letters, parcels and express packages to correct areas and individuals, collection of outgoing letters parcels and express packages. Determines correct postage and records of registered mail and express delivery.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Education and Experience: High School graduate
- Knowledge and Skills: 1-2 years general experience in an office setting. Have some knowledge or experience technical aspects with area of specialization.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Works in a normal office environment. Uses a keyboard and computer for duration of shift. Works in an environment with co-worker interaction and dialogue. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
$29,200.00 - $48,200.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.