Assurant is seeking a Mailroom Team Lead for our Florence, SC facility!
Overview of Position
The Mailroom Team Lead will be asked to coordinate workflow to ensure the team meets client SLA’s and complete SLA reporting in a timely and accurate manner. The Team Lead will also be tasked with leading, mentoring, and developing a team
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist in day-to-day operations of mail services team as needed
- Train/mentor associates
- Assist/Support Unit Manager
- Assign work to all associates completely, accurately and timely
- Complete SLA reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Be the departmental subject matter expert
- Team consistently meets client and internal SLA’s
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to create and edit spreadsheets/documents, email attachments)
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to make good decisions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible with assignment changes
- Ability to learn multiple policies and procedures
- Ability to assist/explain changes in policies and procedures to other associates
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to coach, mentor and motivate others
- Ability to plan and organize
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate degree
- Previous experience working in a mailroom
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- This position will work in the office from 8:00 AM EST to 4:30 PM EST Monday through Friday
- Some Saturdays may be required
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.