Assurant is hiring for a Manager, Compliance Testing and Monitoring
The Manager is Responsible for the oversight and management of Compliance Testing and Monitoring to help ensure that Assurant Global Housing and its clients have appropriate processes and methods to effectively comply with applicable federal and state regulations, thereby reducing the companies’ risk and exposure to potential losses. Objectives include the implementation and monitoring of the ongoing internal Compliance Program across multiple clients, vendor relationships, and multiple functional units. Results are provided to the business and may be provided to clients on a periodic basis to communicate compliance with government regulatory agency requirements, contracts, agreements and/or standards.
- Performance and Development
- Directs the performance of compliance testing based on client, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Management of team responsible for researching, development and performing compliance testing and monitoring based upon client, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Includes interpretation of analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating procedures and practices the development of review procedures, controls and risk assessments, analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating practices and procedures.
- Hires, develops, evaluates and counsels (when appropriate) employees, ensuring effective job performance by coaching and evaluating subordinates against such.
- In consultation with superiors and subordinates, directs efficient workflow patterns, establishes performance standards, procedures and policies, ensures adequate staffing and staff training as needed to support Compliance Program.
- Directs the reporting, ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Effectively manages relationships and ensures communication and reporting on compliance adherence to all levels of organization internally and externally to clients.
- Ensures administration of operating budget for area of responsibility, managing expenses against plan objectives.
- May represent the department on client visits, on-site reviews, project teams, cross-site and intra-departmental meetings.
- Manage and monitor the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to support findings and process improvement activities, including root cause analysis. This may include defining, measuring and analyzing process capability and recommending improvements.
- Manage communications with key stakeholders regarding regulatory controls.
- Approves and/or presents review findings to senior leadership.25% Ad-Hoc –
- Manage special projects and targeted testing, as required.
- Directs and communicates process improvements within department.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and staff.5% Training –
- Conduct training.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years in a supervisory position.
- 3 years of operational compliance or audit experience.
- 3 years of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience or Masters in related field.
- 3 years knowledge of internal or external auditing duties or operations to be audited, knowledge of data analysis and improvement tools.
- Process improvement training/experience.
- Certified Compliance Ethics Professional (CCEP).
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
- Internal auditor certification (IIA, CIA).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing virtual teams
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services.
- Ability to use MS Excel to enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, format charts, filter date and create basic formulas for data trending.
- Ability to use MS Word for basic formatting, editing and printing function and understands the document page set up.
- Able to implement a review, collect and verify review evidence, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports and write work papers to summarize findings.