The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the process in the development and delivery of insightful analysis with regards to quarter-end earnings deliverables. This role will support Lifestyle FP&A to provide external reporting for the segment, as well as enterprise leadership teams.
What You Get to Do:
- Lead collaboration among Lifestyle CFOs and their teams (Connected Living, Automotive, & International) to execute Global Lifestyle deliverables
- Manage, analyze and orchestrate the quarter-end close and monthly outlook processes
- Review and deliver concise variance analysis (e.g., actual results vs. prior periods, plan, forecast, & outlook) for Revenue, G&A Expenses, Adjusted EBITDA, & NOI at the segment, global line of business and business unit levels
- Coordinate, oversee the preparation of analysis, and deliver key messaging for critical meetings, including quarterly Themes & Clearance calls, quarterly earnings call, Board of Directors & Audit Committee meetings, Investor Day, etc.
- Enhance current processes & analytics to ensure accuracy of financial performance
- Provide support as Finance liaison between Investor Relations, Enterprise FP&A, Lifestyle FP&A, Enterprise Accounting, Lifestyle Accounting, and Data Analytics teams
- Support Investor Relations requests for the Lifestyle segment, including reviewing the quarterly earnings release, earnings script, Lifestyle analytics package, and Q&A preparation document
- Manage the Lifestyle segment by identifying and explaining trends and variance drivers, key performance indicators, and risks and opportunities
- Responsibilities involve working closely with other finance and accounting teams to enhance processes and reporting, recommend and implement procedures to resolve data quality issues and ensure consistency between multiple areas and reporting systems
- Provide guidance, support, and ongoing training for analysts on the team, including review of deliverables
- Solid knowledge of financial statement consolidations, internal controls and reviews, financial standards, audits, US GAAP & local GAAP reconciliation and financial variance analysis
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of experience in finance/accounting; must include income statement analysis
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Advanced usage of Excel in an accounting/finance function
- Advanced ability to build financial reports, quickly manipulate data and conduct financial analysis under tight timelines
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to more complex problems and issues
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams, at multiple levels, settings, and time zones
- Apply advanced and sophisticated analytical techniques
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections using an advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Master’s in Finance/Accounting or MBA
- Experience managing direct reports
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance, mobile, or auto industry
- Proficient in understanding foreign exchange changes and impact on the financial statement lines
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.