The Assurant Risk Management team is seeking a Manager of Internal Controls & Analytics. Your primary responsibility is providing expert advice, credible challenge and effective oversight of the internal control framework to identify, assess, control, and manage risk throughout the company globally. The position supports the VP of Technology & Cyber Risk in guiding the Internal Control related behaviors and actions within the company and will oversee the Risk Management Risk Analytics team.
You will play a critical role in helping to ensure that the company’s risk-taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions on the company at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate and monitor risks.
As part of risk management (2nd line of defense) this role will collaborate closely with associates across Enterprise Risk, Business Risk, Information Technology, Information Security, the Business Segments and Corporate Functions including Compliance, Finance, Vendor Management and other risk management offices to perform and support evaluations of the firm’s maturity levels, operational resiliency and offer independent advice and recommendations regarding ways to further mature the firm’s operational resiliency risk capabilities and risk management techniques
Primary Job Accountabilities
This will include:
- Establish, Design and Implement the Internal Control Framework, provide oversight and assurance throughout the control lifecycle
- Maintain appropriate governance activities including: process, risk and controls documentation, methodology and oversight;
- Integrate into the GRC lifecycle for automated risk assessment triggers, entry to the Risk Register, Issues & Event lifecycle
- Develop Integrated risk management reporting
• Design the Global Risk Analytics Platform (Automated predictive & detective risk metrics, inc. KRIs & KPIs)
- Develop & Support solutions/data insights that can be leveraged by the business, risk and controls teams to drive business outcomes.
- Identify and assess operational risk & internal control exposures across different processes and operations to detect critical areas or groups of operations with an increased risk level, and to identify risks and effective mitigation strategies.
- Partner with Business Risk colleagues & process owners to understand testing automation needs
• Design and Develop key risk indicators (KRIs) for assessing business processes
- The role will understand critical business processes, conduct data analysis, and will develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for automated, near real-time risk monitoring
• Oversee the Risk Analytics team
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.