Assurant is seeking a Manager, Property & Casualty Claims for the Scottsdale, AZ facility
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a team of associates focused on making a difference by helping our customers get their lives back in order following a property damage or loss? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where we work together to meet our customer’s expectations for service? As the Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a team of claim adjusters within the P&C Claims department. Your team will be responsible for the investigation of insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal results, and verifiable damage. Successful P&C Claims Managers effectively lead, manage, and motivate employees to meet production service standards and provide coaching and development to help employees grow and succeed. We offer a management career path and individual coaching and development in a professional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any applicable cost/fees will be provided.
- Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity, and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus