Hyla is currently seeking a Manager, Process & Quality Engineering to join our expanding team in La Vergne, TN! Apply now and start your career today!
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
The Manager, Process & Quality Engineering is charged with providing process and quality engineering guidance, leadership, tactical execution and business acumen to provide leadership, technical and operations support throughout the facility. Develop and mentor associates from within the team leadership positions by delegating and directing areas of responsibility. Oversight of the building facilities and the implementation of new process and quality engineering processes to support line functions.
- Establish, develop, maintain, and implement facilities policies, processes, procedures and structure within the boundaries established by the senior management team and corporate policy while ensuring no contradiction in federal, state and local operating regulatory laws primarily as it relates to engineering operations and related safety programs.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of quality assurance standards, processes, and controls.
- Mentor and develop the Quality and Process Engineering team into leadership positions by delegating areas of responsibility. Develop and build a succession and support plan for critical areas. Develops, directs and monitors short-term and long-range engineering business plans consistent with overall profit and growth objectives of the company that establishes operational standards for cost control
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Ensure that the business is operating and aligned with established regulatory procedures and company quality standards. Actively support regulatory efforts with continual improvement and corrective actions, as needed.
- Responsible for the provision of services in engineering including (but not limited too); development, installation, and support of new and existing engineering and automation processes, development and implementation of new product introduction processes, new repair / logistics process development, implementation of advanced automated quality assurance processes, development of client/product implementation system support, and customer service.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective quality management team including efficient work flow patterns, ensure customer expectations/SLAs are achieved, established performance standards, effective delineation of duties and responsibilities, ensure proper staffing levels, and timely communication of pertinent information.
- Leveraging Lean 6 Sigma principles for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing repair, logistics, and quality assurance programs.
- Within Engineering and Automation Operations will work in conjunction with New Product Development to assist with new product development and process modifications. Create and/or modify processes to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing complex engineering, quality, automation, software, electronics, product development and test operations
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification or MBA preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced, high-volume, and team-based environment
- Capable interpersonal skills with a collaborative team approach
- Possess advanced analytical, data management, critical thinking, organizational, research, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Skilled at these applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Greenbelt Certification and knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Ability to drive execution and meet required deadlines