As a Material Processor , you will be cross-trained to perform various inventory, distribution, packaging, receiving, and quality assurance tasks within the Mobile Services Team. This position requires an individual with sound computer skills, excellent motor and dexterity abilities, and the willingness to perform multiple tasks in a fact pace environment.
Two shift available:
Night: 4:30PM-3:00AM Monday-Thursday
Weekend 5:00AM-5:30PM Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Note: This is for a temporary position through one of our staffing partners working on location at Assurant. This is not for employment with an Assurant company.
How We’re Different
- We provide competitive compensation
- Paid Training
- Shift differential given for night and weekend shifts
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Use a computer to enter customer and product information
- Perform quality checks by visually and manually inspecting product
- Place device and all required parts into packaging
- Identify and label product packaging for processing into inventory
- Complete shipping documents and print shipping labels
- Prepare orders and equipment for shipment
- Sort and deliver job orders to the workstations and conduct inter-department transfers of product
- Distribute services and repair parts consumption, unfulfilled requisitions, and results of defective/damaged parts inspections
- Receive defective and/or damaged parts, inspect and assign the appropriate disposition to them
- Maintain the parts and product staging areas in an orderly fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned including moving of material as needed
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Computer and data entry skills
- Experience with inventory control, cycle counting, etc.
- Experience within a distribution, warehouse, manufacturing, or industrial services environment
- Demonstrated ability to operator power industrial truck (forklift)
- Ability to walk, sit, and/or stand throughout an 8-10-hour shift
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand spend
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Position requires incumbents to regularly sit or stand, for long periods of time, and operate standard office equipment such as a computer. Position requires incumbents to carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.