The Mechanical Auto Claims Adjuster is responsible for determining covered failures by reviewing vehicle service agreements, interpreting policy coverage, determining the need for inspection, and researching all facts, for multiple product lines; including but not limited to automobiles, recreational vehicles, and power sports. Contact with repair facilities, customers, and clients may include inbound/outbound communication via phone, email, fax, mail, or chat.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Respond to and resolve issues encountered by clients and customers in a timely and positive manner. When necessary, this involves inbound calls, outbound calls, email, fax, and chat
- Execute effective processes to manage handling, data entry, and data integrity for all applicable mechanical claims
- Research coverage verification, missing contracts, and other simple issues coming from the contact center, VPS, accounting, and other departments, and provide timely resolutions as well as suggestions to reduce those occurrences in the future
- Ensure that all customer/client requests are responded to in a timely manner and any applicable meaningful solutions are proposed and implemented
- Adhere to standards for effective job performance and development
- Partake in, and adhere to, training programs and quality assessment standards for effectiveness in supporting departmental goals and objectives, and recommend improvements
- Actively participate in the development of personal performance management plans
- Gain and maintain in-depth understanding of applicable VPS products, clients, systems, and applications
- Complete and manage unique projects essential to the department
- Review coverage by utilizing all available tools, including contract and web-based applications, to resolve complex issues; and refer any issues as necessary to supervisor or management
- Adjudicate claims with accuracy, by working directly with the repair facility, inspection and parts vendors, and multiple other resources as necessary, to ensure proper claims adjudication within departmental standards, and in accordance with applicable laws and policy provisions to ensure compliance.
- Document claims process in accordance with policy conditions, and quoting policy language, to the correct parties in a timely manner within authority level, and seek approval when above authority
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5 years of applicable experience (automotive technician or service advisor experience preferred)
- Class A Mechanic License and 3-5 years of automotive industry experience a plus
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Recognizes and recommends areas needing improvement
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors, and other employees of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office/Windows
- Ability to coach, encourage, support, and provide feedback to clients and colleagues
- Ideal candidate will be within distance to our Hamilton, Ontario, Canada office
$42,800.00 - $70,800.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.