Field Property Claim Manager
This position is remote.
The Field Property Claim Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the team of hybrid field adjusters that provides property claim resolutions for our customers and clients.
You will lead a team of remote Field Staff Adjusters responsible for handling and resolving Lender Placed Insurance, Mobile Home / Manufactured Home, Condominium and various other residential claim policy types. The Field Staff adjusters maintain ownership of the claim and resolve by onsite inspection / closure, video inspection tools, or by directing an independent adjuster. The manager promotes a culture of claims customer service excellence where all are committed to providing a differentiated customer experience.
Adjuster license(s) are required for this position.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching, guidance, mentorship, and ongoing training regarding technical claims issues, that promotes continued improvement in performance.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees with coverage analysis / application, damage assessment, and claim settlement.
- Reviews claims pending approval based on authority limit and processes approvals when needed.
- Works with internal areas including legal teams regarding policy language and interpretations when needed.
- Conducts quality assurance audits on open and closed claim files to ensure compliance with company guidelines and state laws/regulations
- Participates in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) quality, customer service, productivity, and staffing models.
- Recruits best possible candidates with skills and experience needed to support departmental functions.
- Leverages high performing associates to support critical roles within work group.
- Analyzes any problematic trends and takes steps to avoid recurrence, appropriately escalating issues if needed.
Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Prior property field claim handling experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to effectively train, coach, and provide feedback to others
- In-depth knowledge of claims files handling, investigation and settlement processes and procedures. Legal issues/litigation process as it relates to claims. Claims Best Practices and quality file review procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal property coverage.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, correspondence, and governmental regulations.
- Xactimate Mobile, Xactimate (X1), and XactAnalysis proficiency; can write and teach estimate writing.
- Must be proficient with programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Comfortable operating various mobile devices.
- Able to navigate various adjusting software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to optimally communicate and/or influence various audiences.
- Position requires, the ability to be mobile, operate a motor vehicle, climb roofs and inspect homes including attics & crawl spaces. Ability to sit and or stand for extended periods.
- Active adjuster license(s).
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees.