The primary responsibility of this role is to provide transparency into our efficiency and effectiveness / performance from multiple facets of operational service delivery.
The People Operations Performance & Automation Manager will be responsible for optimizing HR processes, implementing innovative automation solutions, and driving performance improvement initiatives. Expertise in HR technology, data analysis, and process enhancement will be instrumental in elevating our HR department's efficiency and effectiveness. The role must work as a trusted adviser to the AVP, People Operational Excellence, to identify improvement opportunities within the People Organization functional area and lead automation efforts into execution/implementation of improvements. In addition, this person will serve as a trusted adviser to the People Organization leadership teams as they focus on implementation and execution of initiatives to maximize workforce productivity, minimize waste, deliver the highest quality service, and promote growth for the organization. In this position, the People Operations Performance & Automation Manager may assist the Vice President, Employee Experience and/or AVP, People Operational Excellence with presenting with senior leaders across the People Organization and/or other business areas to support key initiatives as assigned.
As new opportunities arise, this position will help to design, support, and monitor the engagement of the service and adjust accordingly to ensure return on investment and the realization of value-add of our Operations investments at a Program / Functional performance level.
1. Process Optimization:
- Analyze existing HR processes and identify areas for improvement, streamlining, and standardization.
-Identify areas for improvement and provides guidance to leadership on new opportunities and/or action to be taken.
- Collaborate with HR stakeholders, workstream functional leads and subject matter experts to design and implement efficient workflows, ensuring a seamless experience for employees and management.
- Continuously monitor process performance and gather feedback to make iterative enhancements.
2. Automation and Technology Implementation:
- Identify opportunities to leverage HR technology and automation tools to enhance operational efficiency and data accuracy.
-Accelerte initiatives that will improve performance; evaluating implementation and actual results; proactively applying critical analysis of facts and patterns to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Lead the evaluation, selection, and implementation of HR automation systems, such as HRIS, performance management software, applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Provide training and support to HR staff on new technologies to ensure successful adoption and utilization.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining transparent line of site into critical investment initiatives.
3. Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Establish HR data reporting mechanisms to capture key performance indicators (KPIs) and track progress against established goals.
- Conduct data analysis to identify patterns, trends, and areas requiring attention, and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze performance data to identify trends, strengths, and areas for improvement, and provide insights to management for decision-making.
- Define success metrics up front, proactively evaluate results and lead the team on the interpretation of actionable learnings.
-Leads the creation of, manages ongoing and ad-hoc reporting and automation needs
-Accountable for tracking and reporting on the realization of benefits related to operations initiatives.
4. Compliance and Governance:
- Ensure HR practices, policies, and systems comply with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Keep abreast of emerging HR trends, best practices, and legal requirements, and recommend necessary updates to HR policies and procedures.
5. Change Management:
- Lead change management efforts related to HR process improvements and automation implementations.
- Develop communication plans to inform and engage employees and stakeholders during change initiatives.
6. Supporting Services:
-Accountable for collaborating with People Org leaders to achieve expense management targets and will be expected to proactively identify, pursue and execute on new opportunities.
-Influence key stakeholders and build strong relationships to ensure cooperation in successful deployment of strategic objectives.
-Remains abreast of call center and employee experience performance management best practices.
-Monitor and refine implemented improvements for continuous evaluation and implementation of additional improvements
-Develops and cultivates a strong working relationship with other functional areas within the People Organization. Understand their goals and objectives while balancing the priorities of all parties involved to meet the business objectives. Ensures there is good communication and coordination with other functional teams.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in HR process & performance optimization, quality automation, and process engineering.
- Strong understanding of HR technologies, software, and automation solutions.
- Proficiency in data analysis, project, workflow and reporting tools (e.g., Excel, Visio, HRIS, BI platforms).
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience developing business process models and workflow diagrams.
- Understanding of cognitive automation techniques and tools including Artificial Intelligence (AI), ChatGPT, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) and their applications.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate business need to influence decision makers and supporting teams to understand and support initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR) is advantageous.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Project Management, Six Sigma, and/or SaFE Agile Certification a plus
- Experience working as project / program leader within complex matrixed business with a demonstrated track record for leveraging information to influence and drive performance improvements.
- Accuracy in the delivery of data analysis to establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders. Strong critical analysis skills with a talent for clear articulation of the story the data tells, with logical recommendations and drive for improvement.
- Proven results associated with leading and driving change within function teams, large scale program and enterprise program levels.
- Proven ability to make the complex simple.
- Requires the ability to be creative and to adapt processes and approaches to specific situations within tight time restraints.
- Proven ability to manage diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results – Strong project management and multi-tasking
- Proven change management experience with large scale programs – enterprise level.
- Mastery of tools and approaches for reporting of results at multiple levels for different audiences to continuously add value and insight.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.