We are looking for a hands-on application technical lead for mobile development (and some web application development) who can lead the team from an architectural and technology delivery perspective for the next generation of customer facing applications for Assurant leveraging Mobile and Digital technologies.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience in a Tech Lead or Architect role, delivering large scale customer facing application in a Mobile space, leveraging technologies like Swift, Android, Flutter, NodeJS, AWS, ReactJS, ExpressJS, etc.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Understand business and delivery priorities and define technology / architectural solution
- Lead team in adopting and implementing technology best practices
- Lead design, design reviews, code reviews, technical delivery
- Participate in cross functional discussion and address strategic technology aspects
What are the requirements need for this position?
- At least 3 years as application architect delivering Mobile application, including mobile backends
- At least 3 years as Tech lead or Sr. Developer delivering Mobile applications
- Mobile front end experience with, iOS (Swift) & Android Apps (Java or Kotlin), Hybrid Apps (Flutter), and Firebase
- Mobile back end experience with Nodejs/ExpressJS, & AWS
- Understanding and preferably hands on experience of AWS or Azure cloud platforms
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Good working knowledge of REST, XML & JSON, MuleSoft (or any other integration platform)
- Preferably good understanding of web application development using ReactJS and ExpressJS
- Preferably good understanding of DevOps practices and tools like Azure DevOps
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.