The Global Modules team is looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our team as a Full Stack Software Engineer with a focus on mobile app development with React Native.
The Global Modules team is responsible for managing and delivering “Come-To-You’ mobile device repairs in the US and beyond. In this role, you will work closely with a growing team to improve and extend our native app experience for our repair technicians as well as extend API functionality between our systems.
Our backend is built on Ruby on Rails, but we are confident anyone with experience in similar MVC frameworks and dynamic typed languages can be successful. (e.g Django, Hanami, Flask, etc). We do require someone with extensive React Native experience to help take our app to the next level.
Responsibilities include solving problems independently and with peers, researching and experimenting with new technology and UX designs, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Note: This is not a ‘work-hard / play-hard’ environment. We are professional engineers that work 40 hours a week and go home at normal hours. You will not be asked to work extreme overtime or weekends, you will not be shamed for taking PTO, you are encouraged to prioritize time with the people you care about. Our goal for every team member is for them to THRIVE, both personally and professionally, during their time with us.
This is a remote position.
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and web clients
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code and engineering processes
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasional pair and/or mob programming
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to plan and prioritize work and design technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups, team planning events, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming and product domain knowledge
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A strong foundation in object-oriented or functional programming
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- Hands-on knowledge of a git-based version control system
- Experience consuming and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with mobile development for Android / iOS with React Native.
- This is a leadership role!
- Mentorship and knowledge share is crucial for our small team.
- You will need to interact with 3rd parties outside our group to help determine integration requirements, feasibility estimates, and engineering constraints.
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
- A desire for a deep technical understanding of our systems and architecture
- A continuous learning mindset that keeps you current on development best practices and trends
- Effectively communicate technical designs and considerations to peers and product leadership
- Ability to own tasks and resolve ambiguity in requirements
- Reason with and adapt to evolving development tasks and priorities
- Balance trade-offs between speed and quality based on business priorities
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with Ruby