Assurant is seeking multiple Repair Technicians for our Canada-Mississauga location
Under general supervision the Repair Technician will inspect, refurbish, test, troubleshoot and program electronic equipment. Attention to detail and mechanical aptitude is required.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective devices
- Perform electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Perform repetitive electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Must be able to perform component level and board repairs
- Identify and report root cause deficiencies
- Identify and report routine process deficiencies
- Test, repair and troubleshoot devices to isolate root cause
- Perform soldering and desoldering using handheld soldering and hot air equipment
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Use a computer to enter data into the company database
- Physically move material as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Proficient in MS Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understand the spoken word and respond verbally in an effective manner.
- Understand the written word, both hard copy and on-line, and must be able to respond in kind.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- May be required to work across multiple shifts.