Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Network Engineer to join our Global ICS team. Reporting to the senior engineer you will oversee the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help determine the strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. You will provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation and monitoring.
Other responsibilities include;
- Participate in implementation, operational and test functions for complex enterprise infrastructure hardware/software to support network, telecommunications, security (network related) and infrastructure appliance technologies (i.e. SDWAN, F5, BlueCoat, and SSL VPN). This includes research, build, implementation, testing and test plans, documenting standards, creating support documentation, following documented processes, and training of other resources within voice and data services
- Provide Tier III and IV technical support. Includes On-Call and Off Hours support and interaction with vendors and suppliers
- Oversee the work direction of other voice and data services staff
- Administer maintenance and telecommunications agreements
- Maintain relationships with vendors and partners
- On-Call 24/7 (Rotation that includes overnight and weekend)
You will have the following skills;
- Packet Analysis, ability to dissect conversations at OSI Layers 2,3 and 4
- Cisco Wireless LAN equipment and technologies including controllers and access points.
- F5 LTM / GTM
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), DNS (Infoblox), and DHCP (Infoblox).
- Wide Area Networking equipment
- , and protocols including edge routers, firewalls, MPLS, and Ethernet.
- The following Key Technology Knowledge;
- Cisco wireless LAN
- F5 - Big-IP
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.