The Operation Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day support related to IT systems for Assurant Japan. As such the candidate plans, organizes, and coordinates production support related projects and activities with the local business and the global IT team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications and infrastructure deals with the most complex system problem logs; works with business and technical teams to perform effective root-cause analysis, resolution, and preventive actions; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up.
- Accountable for successful project delivery related to continuous system enhancement for operational improvement.
- Maintains system support manual, create and maintain reports, assist with troubleshooting, interprets errors, automate and monitors operational processes.
- Monitors infrastructure health, escalate to the Global IT team for outages, follow up on root cause analysis, problems and major incidents.
- Participates in testing activities for maintenance; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in complex testing efforts.
- Requires minimum 3 years’ experience in IT areas as either a Developer, Analyst, System Engineer or QA Engineer
- Good reading / writing in Japanese and English to communicate with internal / external stakeholders
- Familiar with database client tools.
- Familiar with SQL query.
- Requires ability to proactively plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities.
- Requires ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities at the same time
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
- Requires ability to develop good working relationships across the organization with business sponsors, business partners and technical staff.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Fluent in Japanese and English speaking
- Willingness to improve work efficiency by propose or develop better approach
- Willingness to propose improvements to reduce manual tasks
- A mindset to go beyond job title to get things done
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to analyze complex business and system problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.