As our Operations Manager , you will be hands on Manager in our Operations area. Responsibilities include; ensuring effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work and assigned projects, oversee completion of work, and monitor performance of subordinates. Attention to detail, inventory and warehousing processes, demonstrated supervisory abilities and proficiency in a manufacturing environment and in a lead supervisory role are the skills you will bring to the table for this position.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with senior management to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them.
- Develop and implement process improvements and coordinate new model introductions.
- Liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment while facilitating capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls.
- Provide a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed.
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements.
- Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses.
- Record production performance by completing daily shift production reports; calculating yields and associate effective rates/quality ratings
- Maintain flow of operations by communicating production status, requirements and problems to next shift.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 12 years in a leadership / manager position within a fast paced manufacturing, industrial services, distribution or assembly environment; including 7 years in leading supervisors.
- Must have experience working within a 5S, Lean, Six Sigma environment
- Associates degree in related field
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements.
- Strong math, reasoning, analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to provide practical application of technical skills and techniques in wireless mobile devise processing
- Must have strong knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Excel and Word and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners.
- Detailed oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be available to work extra hours as needed.
- Experience working with an hourly workforce