Hyla is currently seeking Operations Supervisors to join our expanding team in La Vergne, TN! We have multiple openings that vary in days and shifts. Apply now and start your career today!
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
As our Operations Supervisor, you will supervise employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work, and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of subordinates. Attention to detail, demonstrated supervisory abilities and proficiency in manufacturing, inventory and warehousing processes are what you will bring to the table for this position.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgment, and innovation to achieve them.
- Drive process improvements and coordinate new model introductions.
- Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment while facilitation capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls.
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements.
- Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses.
- Monitor production performance and ensure all daily shift production reports are completed on time.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Days / Shifts needed:
- 1st Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm; Monday - Friday
- 2nd Shift: 3:30pm - 12 Midnight; Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 5:00am - 5:30pm; Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years in a leadership / supervisory experience in a related field.
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing, inventory, or warehousing.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Bi-lingual is highly desired.
- Intermediate to mediate math skills.
- Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to sit and or stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional: Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.