As our Operations Supervisor of bulk liquidation, you will supervise employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by: preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of subordinates. The working hours are M-F 8am-5:30pm in our York, PA office.
What You Get to Do:
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgment, and innovation to achieve them
- Drive process improvements and coordinate new model introductions
- Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment while facilitation capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
- Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements
- Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses
- Monitor production performance and ensure all daily shift production reports are completed on time.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
What You Need to Have:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership / supervisory experience in a related field
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills
- Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners
- Six Sigma Green Belt
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.