As the Operations Supervisor you are responsible for supervising employees in our facility, ensuring effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work, and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring the performance of your team. Attention to detail, demonstrated supervisory abilities and proficiency in manufacturing, distribution, inventory, and warehousing processes are crucial experience for this position.
The Shift for this position is Friday to Sunday, 5AM – 5:30PM
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, managerial judgment, and innovation to achieve them
- Drive process improvements and coordinate new product introductions
- Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
- Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
- Manage the team training matrix to ensure accuracy and within compliance based on the individual’s assigned area
- Review Tableau reports to ensure that the team/dept is attaining the desired performance metrics
- Drive engagement across area of responsibility and work with the team to foster a strong engage culture. Work with Mgr to review the peakon score and create action plans within the tool
- Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity and quality standards
- Work with the site leadership to assist in resolving problems and identifying process improvements
- Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses
- Monitor production performance and ensure all daily shift production reports are completed on time
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations
- Conduct periodic one on one meetings with associates to review performance and provide feedback/coaching. These meetings need to be held at a minimum of once a month
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in a leadership role within a fast-pace, high-volume, manufacturing/repair environment similar to Assurant, York, Lewisville or Tennessee facility
- Strong knowledge and abilities with use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior experience in a warehouse, shipping, receiving or related environment required
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Demonstrated experience with direct supervision and coaching of others
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to successfully interface with all levels of Company personnel as well as external personnel
- High energy professional with the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with all suppliers and vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with problem solving, brainstorming sessions, strategy development and conflict resolution
- Driven, goal-oriented, never confuses effort with results
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic assembly and logistics environment
- May be required to work across multiple shifts
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associates Degree and 3+ years of experience in supervising 15+ hourly associates in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
$52,500.00 - $87,900.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.