Oracle Cloud Reporting Technical Lead
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
As Technical Lead for our Financial data mart and Reporting team, the role will be leading the development in and technical support of Oracle ERP cloud applications, OTBI Reports, FRS Reports and SmartView Reports. You will manage client solution delivery, including defining the project approach, leading and motivating project teams, monitoring and managing project risks, managing client and key stakeholders, and successfully delivering client solutions.
This is a remote position.
Skills and attributes for success
- Primary focus on developing customer solutions using Oracle's analytics offerings: Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Data Visualization, Fusion Analytics for Warehouse, OBIEE, OBIA, Machine Learning and Autonomous Data warehouse (ADW).
- Experience in requirement gathering, solution blueprint, performing fit gap analysis, Business process design.
- Experience to translate business analyst requirements into analytics metadata.
- Must have extensive hands on/end to end implementation experience using OAC/OBIEE and BI Publisher.
- Must possess solid knowledge on OBIEE RPD design, development & deployment, and report migration
- Must have experience in designing customized interactive dashboards and reports in OBIEE using drill down, prompts, filters, and variables.
- Expert in using OBIEE Answers to create queries, format views, charts, and add user interactivity and dynamic content to enhance the use experience.
- Experience in configuring OBIEE/OACS security (Authentication and Authorization Object level and Data level security).
- Experience in working with session and repository variable and initialization blocks to streamline administrative tasks and modify metadata content dynamically.
- Experience on working with report performance optimization.
- Experience developing data integration solutions using Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Data Integration Platform Cloud or similar.
- Experience in developing Dimensional Hierarchies and adding multiple sources to business model objects.
- Experience creating and scheduling alerts and published reporting to provide real-time, personalized, and actionable intelligence data to subscribers.
- Expertise in developing Logical Data Model (Business Model), Metadata and reports including logical columns, aliases, hierarchies, and subject areas.
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures in Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Determine requirements for aggregate tables, hierarchies, level-based measures etc.
- Deep understanding of dimensional data modelling techniques.
- Ability to understand the overall architecture and business context for each project
- Willing to take ownership, responsibility and accountability for team and project decisions.
- Demonstrable Technical Lead experience, including estimating and planning
- Oracle ERP Fusion Cloud, Oracle Analytics Cloud and Oracle E-Business support experience.
- Should have experience in IDCS and Data security Using OAC and OBIEE
- Should have experience in RPD merging catalogue and RPD migration using OAC
- Should have experience in complex Report & Dashboard development using OAC
- Knowledge on Visualization using OAC
- Knowledge loading custom data to OAC.
- Should be well versed with Data warehousing Dimension and fact tables and BI reporting concepts
- Hands on experience in implementing OBIEE
- Good understanding of Oracle BI tools and technologies
- Good Knowledge on building custom ESS jobs
- Technical requirements: OAC Visualization, OAC Replication Flows, OAC Data Sets, OAC Data Models, OAC RPD, OAC Data Flows, OTBI Reports, FRS Reports, SmartView Reports, BIP Analysis, BIP Reports, Dashboards, BPM workflows, Application Composer, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Script, XML Publisher, Oracle Reports, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE/OBIA & Java core skills
- Must have good experience translating business requirements and design into technical solutions
- Ability to research, learn, troubleshoot, and support complex system customizations
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Ability to multi-task and priorities across concurrent workload may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience estimating project deliverables, effort, risk and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated DevOps experience
- Ability to design and build both on premise and cloud solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to define; document, implement solutions and recommendations
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and best practices
- Ability to adhere to coding standards and promote design pattern usage
- Familiarity with Agile / SAFe development methodologies