Overview of Position
We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for an Inside Recovery Subrogation Adjuster who is ready to step into our fast-paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader.
As an Inside Recovery Subrogation Claims Adjuster , will evaluate legal liability and aggressively pursue, negotiate, and resolve subrogation collection opportunities.
This position requires in-office attendance in our Miami or Atlanta office location two days a week.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- This position requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills.
- You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
- You will be on the cutting edge of Advanced Analytics to include AI, machine learning and RPA technology specifically for identification of subrogation claims.
- You should be able to perform duties independently with a high level of accountability for timely and accurate results.
- Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment.
- You will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of property claims adjusting experience
- Current adjusters license
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate/bachelor’s degree
- Homeowners’ subrogation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.