Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Problems easier to solve. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is seeking a hands-on opportunity to be involved in bringing payroll in-house and take ownership of the payroll function for our Australian and New Zealand businesses.
The successful candidate will provide high-level customer service to the team on matters related to payroll and general employment conditions. The role will involve coordinating various payroll activities, responding to payroll-related queries, and ensuring the highest levels of quality and compliance.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accurately prepare and process the fortnightly and monthly payrolls in a timely manner.
- Respond to payroll queries, providing thorough explanations to team members and assisting them to understand how they are paid, or resolve their queries as required
- Provide reporting, analysis and explanations to assist stakeholders in making informed workforce planning decisions.
- Prepare, maintain and terminate employment contracts and employee files in accordance with employment contracts, Awards, and Fair Work legislation and as required.
- Prepare reports and cost analysis for workforce planning and other purposes, and preparation and submission of the annual WGEA reports.
- Handle Work Cover payments and process third-party deductions.
- Process bonus payments and salary increases as directed.
- Conduct payroll data checks and prepare audit checks.
- Process off-cycle payments as needed.
- Provide periodic management and finance reports.
- Ensure data integrity and maintain employee records in Workday.
- Manage overpayment administration, including calculations, recovery, and YTD adjustments.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role essential
- Experience using MYOB and 3rd party payroll service providers
- Previous experience in WGEA reporting
- Strong understanding of awards, common law contracts, Fair Work legislation
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
Working with Assurant you can enjoy:
- Local and International mentoring programs.
- Wellbeing programs – physical, mental and financial.
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education.
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups.
- Additional Cultural Day off to celebrate what’s important to you.
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you...
Please submit your application by clicking the apply now button! Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.