Overview of Position
Our payroll team has an exciting opportunity as a Payroll Specialist! As a Payroll Specialist, you will ensure accurate and timely data transfers from our company and its vendors to a Payroll Comprehensive Outsourced Service (COS), per the timelines in the production schedule.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Receive, review, and process garnishments within the payroll system
- Gathering, auditing, and submission of payroll payments/changes from different sources to payroll vendor
- Prepares pay data files for payroll vendor in accordance with established procedures and timelines
- Prepares/creates audit files to use for balancing payroll each biweekly cycle
- Submit manual off-cycle payment requests to payroll vendor
- Review/audit vendor reports both pre and post payroll
- Process post payroll funding to vendors
- Assists with year-end activities
- Ensuring compliance, accuracy, and timely processing of all payments flowing through the payroll
- Informs the Supervisor/ Manager if process or customer expectations will not be met as agreed upon
- Payroll Auditing using Excel (VLOOKUP; Pivot Tables A must)
- Staying current on regulatory and policy changes impacting payroll processing cycles
- Ensuring work is done in accordance with the SOX guidelines set for the department
- Follows Payroll procedures and ensures procedures are up to date
- Participates in ways to improve tasks
- Backup for other Payroll Specialists
- Assists with year-end activities
- Support Tier II Payroll questions from the People Experience Center and update information for case management as defined by the service level
- Follow through on all research requests and issues resolution, utilizing documented processes and procedures
- Other Duties (as necessary)
- Assist management (Supervisor/Manager, etc.) with special requests or projects
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of payroll processing exposure, with greater than 5,000 employees
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Basic analytical proficiency and problem-solving aptitude
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate degree in accounting, human resources, and/or business administration
- International payroll knowledge
- A minimum of 1 year experience with ADP software or Payroll service provider
- Knowledge of essential payroll regulations, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Workday experience
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) designation
- Experience processing General ledger entries a plus
- Strong background with interpreting and processing multi-state garnishment orders
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.