The People Analytics Manager will lead Assurant’s People Organization towards a data-driven and insight-led culture by providing clear, precise, easy to understand and self-serve reporting analytics & data driven actionable insights to drive business and workforce outcomes.
Responsible for scoping complex problems, designing solutions, and applying data analysis and exploration skills to deliver on end-to-end support for business and workforce decisions; focus on creating the right data environment, governance and dashboards in coordination to the enterprise standard Collaborate with Business, People Org, Data Analytics & IT teams to go from problem statement to analytics solutions Take organization from basic reporting into analytic maturity; building – in partnership with IT, HR Tech & Data Analytics the foundational data structure to enable robust analytics Automate repeat requests & common problems into as-a-service automated dashboards; implement solutions that will enable self-service people analytics for the rest of the organization. Work on ad-hoc strategic business & workforce challenges Instill a culture and discipline that points towards ensuring that every analytics venture from analysis to intervention to action taken result in a return on investment Develop alignment activities with stakeholders for standardization of metric definitions and incorporation of broader sets of data Accountable for analytics usage & adoption partnering with change management & identifying champion / key projects in the organization Partner with Data Analytics COE for acquiring the data needs and building Advance Analytics capabilities Partner with Enterprise Information Governance, IT, Privacy/Legal/Compliance for Data Governance Partner with People Org and LoB’s for prioritization Recommend ongoing improvement to data reporting processes to enhance the accuracy and breadth of data available for analysis and reporting, and then work collaboratively with HR and IT to implement approved recommendations. Perform administration of Business Intelligence applications for data dictionary, publishing, user groups, security, and upgrade testing.
- 3+ years performing Data visualization
- 5-7 years on people analytics, reporting, or advanced analytics teams, including 3+ years of hands on, full cycle experience in data services & data analytics
- 3+ years Expertise in PowerBI and other modern data analysis tools
- 3+ years’ experience creating centralized data sources and advanced reporting suites / dashboards
- 3+ years’ experience engaging with critical stakeholders, using data to build a story, define insights and influence adoption of recommended actions
- 2+ years’ experience on transforming reporting needs and/or business questions into structured analytics tools and presentations with findings and actionable insights
- Analytical and technical fluency
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience across the end-to-end analytics process: cleansing and wrangling structured and unstructured data, designing data models (strong attention to detail ensuring data integrity), extracting insights and findings, visualizing outputs, and communicating outcomes
- Strong teamwork skills required including the ability to work effectively across all organizational levels, cultures, and regions.
- Continuous learner, curiosity, and entrepreneurial mindset; including being attentive to practice market progress and state of the art (outside perspective)
- Critical thinker. Ability to Understand complex analytics topics (have solid statistical understanding) and can translate them with data and stories into relevant business-impacting solutions
- People Analytics strategy & roadmap: definition, execution, adoption, and sustainment
- Ability to work autonomously & meet strict deadlines on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the People domain, Deep understanding of HR, People Analytics, or HR Technologies (particularly experience in workday)
- Bachelor's or MSc degree in Human Resources, Business, Statistics, Decision Science, Applied Math, Econometrics, Behavioral Science, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of policies and federal/state legislation related to employment practices and general HR administration.
- Experience with agile development methodologies