The People Operational Analyst role is responsible for ensuring the integrity of Assurant HR data across HR processes and technologies. This includes periodic auditing, internal and external reporting requirements. The Analyst liaises with other HR teams, Payroll, vendor contacts, IT and Legal to understand issues, troubleshoot, define requirements, and deliver solutions to meet the needs of the business and various workstreams. The Analyst role frequently contributes as the People Experience lead on projects and process improvement initiatives.
This is a remote position.
Data Management and Analysis (40%)
- Performs ongoing monthly and quarterly demographic and plan specific data audits for all employee populations. Ensures data is consistent across the HR technology platform (Workday, Neocase, Pension system, Interfaces to downstream systems/processes etc.). Analyzes the flow of new and updated employee data through cross-functional, end to end systems. Develops and implements process improvements to reduce discrepancies.
- Is the primary point of contact for the People Organization and employee data escalations. Resolves discrepancies by reviewing all current and historical data sources which include but are not limited to time records, valuation records, paper records, HRIS, FileNet, demographic data, Pension systems data, and external vendor records and applying interpretations of current and past plan, policy or process provisions.
- Performs mass data updates, leveraging the People Experience team, Payroll and IT when needed.
- In partnership with IT is responsible for HR system, business process configuration changes, testing and deployment. This includes ensuring all necessary documentation, communications, change management, webinars and training updates are completed and delivered.
Reporting and Auditing (25%)
- Responsible for preparing and issuing standard internal HR reports and standard notices regarding HR programs and plans. Prepares and provides ad-hoc reports and data to support HR in the execution of specific business events. Ensures the most effective distribution method for reports is employed maintaining all security access requirements.
- Provides support for audits performed by internal and external auditors. Performs and provides results of monthly People Experience administrative audits across all processes and HR technologies.
Projects and Process Improvements: (25%)
- Actively participates as the People Operational Excellence lead on projects such as systems implementations and upgrades, Plan changes, acquisitions, reductions in force, etc. Liaison with cross functional project teams.
- Ensures the People Experience team testing, training requirements and operationalization of project deliverables are documented and implemented within the People Organization teams
- Continually identifies opportunities to improve data flows metrics and reporting opportunities for HR across the organization.
Annual compliance reporting processes (10%)
- Responsible for preparing and reconciling the data required for annual compliance reporting such as for Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1, Vets100, Health and Wellness Plans 5500 and Summary Annual Report, Pension Valuation file etc. Provides necessary data to appropriate vendors and or HR teams for final preparation and filing. Responds to questions and requests for clarifications and supporting documentation.
Peak Call Volume Support
- As needed, to support peak call volumes Analysts will be able to effectively use case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, log, track and escalate employee, manager or retiree inquiries.
- 8 years of progressive experience working with complex HR programs such as Compensation, Retirement Plan administration, health & welfare plans, Talent management, HR Analytics or HRIS/HCM systems.
- Workday HCM Experience, specializing in HR Admin and Org Admin roles.
- Strong MS Excel experience, including pivot tables, vlookups, and advance formula knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Background in auditing, data analytics, mathematics, and/or data management.
- Detail oriented with advanced excel and other reporting tools.
- Effective problem solver and communicator
- Able to collaborate with others at all levels within the Organization as well as external vendor partners, auditors, and others as needed.
- Able to work with independently and with minimal day to day supervision.
- Effectively influences and leverages additional team members, HR, and non-HR resources such as IT and Payroll, to accomplish goals.
- Deftly manages competing priorities
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and oral
- Project management skills a plus
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR etc.) a plus