Policy Support Specialist
Overview of Position
Manage the policy issuance of Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (VSC) insurance products to accounts in the various marketing channels within the organization and Vehicle Protection Solutions’ Contract Liability Insurance Policy for legacy Assurant clients.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Issue VSC contractual liability policies/reimbursement policies and state endorsements to clients (i.e. dealers, Third Party Obligor/Administrators [TPO/TPA], TWG Obligor/Administrators) for non insurance products.•Issue Group Master Policies where applicable for insurance products.
- Issue contractual liability policies/reimbursement policies to Automotive Insurance Purchasing Group.
- Issue Acord certificates when requested to AIPG members.
- Maintain complete copies of issued policies electronically
- Maintain a log of all issued policies including: numbers, insured name, state issued, form issued, endorsement(s) issued, etc.
- Maintain VSC company officer signatures on all policies and endorsements.
- Identify all of the various policies, Group, Full Reimbursement, Failure to Perform, Guaranteed Asset Protection Reimbursement Policy, Vehicle Protection Product Reimbursement Policy, etc., and when or where the policy should be issued and to whom.
- Provide updates to the policy for form or rate changes that are covered by the policy.
- Obtain copies of previously issued policies and log policy numbers.
- Process policy termination or nonrenewal letters and termination or non renewal log.
- Maintain policy termination or nonrenewal letters on CSC or in connection with issued policies or log.
- Management of Contract Liability Insurance Policy (CLP) and Group Master Policy (GMP) issuance and maintenance process.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the management team
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management
- 3 year work experience in insurance or other regulated industry with heavy concentration in compliance/regulatory issues and solutions
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Basic level Salesforce
- Basic knowledge of Project Management
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good problem-solving ability
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with contacts both within and outside the company, including co-workers, clients, customers, regulators, et. al.
- Competent in multiple-project oriented environment with ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently and prioritize own work to meet tight deadlines with appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of product offerings – warranty and related products
- Knowledge of insurance terminology
- Demonstrated project management
- High level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Analytical approach to process improvement/problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to define work processes and create SOPs and workflows
- Ability to focus on business needs with flexibility to needs of clients and consumers
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in understanding and applying statutes and regulations to business processes
- Experience in creating and interpreting terms and conditions
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
- This is a remote position
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.