Pricing Business Partner
Location; any of our European locations; Spain, Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, UK
Remote working opportunities available
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer Europe, the Pricing Business Partner drafts and distributes our pricing proposals for pricing requests, which includes interpreting and evaluating submissions, developing rates and documenting pricing and underwriting assumptions. The Pricing Business Partner is also responsible for assessing the ‘’in life’ performance of our products. You will develop and deliver pricing solutions for products across several lines of business that are priced to deliver profitable growth and designed to meet client needs.
- Working directly with business partner/development teams, be responsible for drafting, distributing and gaining approval for pricing proposals for all key lines of business; ensuring these deliver good customer value and achieve internal financial requirements. ,
- Actively monitor and highlight changes or trends to existing schemes from expected pricing and underwriting assumptions and recommend corrective action using data, appropriate tools and experience to achieve business plan.
- Prepare associated pricing implementation system specifications, collaborating with the business to deliver products to market.
- Review relevant elements of policy terms and business contracts so they align with pricing assumptions and proposals, observing regional and regulatory governance and internal approval processes.
- Act as a pricing SME on standard to complex team projects or wider business development projects, developing relevant scope and requirements.
You Will Have:
- A recognised qualification in one of the following: Mathematics, Insurance, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Risk Management or experience in a numerate/analytical role
- Demonstrated pricing or finance experience within the general insurance, device protection or extended warranty markets
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and (desirable) MS PowerBi and machine learning tools.
- The ability to deliver clear presentations and written documents to key business stakeholders and partners, which translate technical and numerical topics into concise and commercially focused messages, to support clear and effective decision making.
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile phone & laptop
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Additional benefits will differ per country
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.