Spain (Remote working opportunities are available)
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer Europe, the Underwriting Specialist drafts and distributes our pricing proposals for complex pricing requests for a number of key business partners and new business opportunities across multiple lines of business, which includes interpreting and evaluating risk submissions, developing rates and documenting underwriting assumptions. The Underwriting Specialist is also responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring performance of our products. You will actively monitor performance of products across multiple lines of business that are priced to improve profitable growth and designed to meet client needs. Independently draft and distribute pricing proposals for complex pricing requests for larger clients which includes interpreting and evaluating risk submissions, developing rates and leading submissions through internal governance process.
- Create memorandums, reports, and other business communications with logical structure and minimal assistance. Recommend solutions to translate financial data into business metrics that meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Prepare product implementation system specifications and coding, providing guidance to the business to support their needs while also supporting best practices in the process. Lead projects to improve underwriting and pricing review output and forecasting methodology, producing commercially focussed analysis to support profitable growth and positive customer outcomes.
- Monitor changes or trends from underwriting assumptions and market conditions to propose changes to pricing model factors; using experience and tangible new ideas
- Review claim/contract exceptions and commercial proposals.
- As an experienced SME, be responsible for knowledge sharing and developing other team members.
You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Risk Management or Mathematics.
- 10 years or more overall professional experience
- 8 years of experience in pricing insurance or warranty products. Has specialized product knowledge in multiple lines of business
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PowerBi
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile phone & laptop
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Additional benefits will differ per country
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.