Hyla is looking for a Process Engineer to join our growing team! We are seeking an individual who thrives on challenges, enjoys helping others to solve problems, has a “Get It Done” attitude, and a strong desire to learn new things.
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
This job is responsible for…. design, develop and analyze processes as well as create process control documents to support all production repair functions. You must also deploy established documents to ensure consistent, reliable and high quality level product within economic constraints. We need you to apply your "hands on", "roll up your sleeves" experience to deploy efficient and capable processes to low volume, high mix manufacturing and electronic repair and assembly in response to business requirements
- Evaluate level 1-4 repair processes to maximize efficiency. Affected processes to include but not limited to soldering, cosmetics, assembly, device programming, component level testing, and final assembly functional and RF testing.
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) for purpose of editing, revising, and creating production documentation.
- Perform time studies to establish process baselines and lead / participate in improvement initiatives.
- Support manufacturing operations with regards to device failure validation, root cause analysis, corrective action implementation.
- Coordinate with Assurant QA and Materials associates to address line impacting component escalations and determine alternate source components.
- Analyze production data and interpret results to direct improvement initiatives.
- Design and develop fixturing / tooling to drive process efficiencies.
- Process / manufacturing facility layout designs to maximize throughput, yields, and quality
- Perform root cause failure analysis on field failures (returns) and repair process failures.
- Identify and report deficiencies and potential improvements to the department Supervisor
- Actively identify & pursue process improvement initiatives
- Associates degree
- 3+years of related industry experience including working with complex Schematic, layouts and diagrams and interpreting ISB’s, CSb’s and FSB’s and other product specific documentation
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic assembly and logistics environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience with Lean 5s and Six Sigma statistical process control techniques preferred
- Experience with Minitab, Visio, AdobePro, or AutoCAD preferred