This job is responsible for continuous improvement in managing and refining the current and new processes of each program within the operations of the Supply Chain Team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
- Understand the current ongoing processes and systems in Japan Supply Chain (SC) organization, best practices in Assurant other locations, and that in other successful companies to benchmark our processes and systems and identify areas of improvement.
- Analyze production data and interpret results to direct improvement initiatives.
- Establish a plan to substantialize improvements identified, confirm alignment with other relevant teams, seek required approvals to put the plan into execution, and implement the plan.
- Monitor how an improvement implemented works and assess if it meets what are aimed for in the planning stage.
- Highlight any risks and/or challenges in SC operations in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Japan SC processes are adherent to Assurant policies and other regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with Assurant QA and Materials associates to address line impacting component escalations and determine alternate source components.
- Process / manufacturing facility layout designs to maximize throughput, yields, and quality.
- Build and maintain cooperative, productive, and positive relationship with SC colleagues, other teams such as Operations, IT, Finance, etc., and internal and external stakeholders.
- Report impacts brought by implemented improvements to relevant stakeholders.
- Report and update stakeholders regarding supplier selection, agreement with suppliers, and risk management/ mitigation schemes.
Required Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum 5 to 7 years in warehouse operation and logistics
- Proven work experience at warehouse assistant manager level
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives (Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers, sourcing new suppliers
- Leadership skills and ability to supervise external staff
- Strong decision making and logical problem-solving skills
- Flexible, resilient, comfortable with fast-paced high-pressured environment, can contribute in VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) environment
- Proactive, innovative/ creative thinker, ability to think from scratch/ differently, self-starter, and quick logical learner
- Detail oriented and action focused, agile
- Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, team leaders, managers and supervisors of the organization
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Digital mindset, IT literacy, PC skills (advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Strong project management skill
- BPR (Business Process Reengineering) experience
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.