The Processing Specialist handles insurance documents on behalf of our financial institution clients, directly impacting the timeliness and accuracy of the homeowner’s property insurance coverage. This role requires proven ability to manage deadlines and meet quality standards with accuracy and consistent attention to detail. It also requires the use of good judgment to solve problems and make business-appropriate decisions consistent with Assurant procedures and best practices.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Process documents in an accurate and timely manner to ensure proper insurance coverage for homeowners and client satisfaction goals.
- Identify policy type and determine appropriate action needed. For example: PUD, Townhome, Flood, Wind, etc.
- Make appropriate updates to client database in order to meet regulatory obligations.
- Make timely premium payments from established escrow accounts to ensure continuous coverage.
- Manage time to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards
Communicate and coordinate with insurance agents and/or insurance carriers to verify information, update status, and meet deadlines/requirements .
- Be professional in all communications, act in a manner consistent with Assurant values and honor Assurant’s commitments.
- Demonstrate empathy regarding your work and the impact it has on the Client and homeowner.
- Address any questions, concerns, or suggestions in a timely and appropriate manner.
Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Processing Specialist role fits into the larger organizational context and ensure the smooth hand off of work (incoming and outgoing).
- Communicate status updates and appropriately escalate issues and opportunities to meet the needs of clients and homeowners.
Schedule is typically Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm EST. Some teams might have a slight variation available depending on business need.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- 1-year work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Banking, finance, mortgage lending experience
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an environment focused on production and quality
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.