Assurant is seeking a Process Team Lead with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
- Coordinate and monitor daily workflow for Specialists and Sr. Specialists.
- Departmental subject matter expert.
- Assigned reports completed timely and accurately.
- Track compliance/SLA's.
- Research and provide feedback of the root cause on processing and quality issues.
- Applies expert problem solving skills on complex issues for researching and resolving exception items that have been initiated via various channels.
- Analyze problems, make recommendations and make decisions impacting team.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met and that daily work is distributed appropriately and that client standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provides training, coaching and direction to team members while creating an environment which encourages teamwork, commitment, increased productivity and superior quality.
- Partners with the manager on process improvements and workflow to ensure business objectives are met.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assigned reports prepared and completed timely / accurately.
- Communicating with the client and insurance agent/carrier directly of determined research, when applicable.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provides technical training, direction and quality feedback to team members.
- Coordinates and monitors workflow; provides distribution of work items to team, and becomes active in the workflow when volume necessitates.
- Assists in developing revised standards and methods for processes and procedures within the department.
- Positively impacts employees, team and departmental morale, engagement and performance.
- Prepares and transmits wire transfers
The Hazard Insurance Team Lead must also have the ability to support / assist with EDI processing functions.
- Ability to understand complex electronic insurance data reports to allow accurate updating to the client’s database so clients can meet complicated regulatory obligations and to ensure the property has insurance coverage at all times.
- Identify numerous policy types from electronic insurance data reports and determine action needed.
- Ability to determine when multiple updates are required based upon information received.
- Make timely premium payments from established escrow accounts to ensure there is continuous coverage.
- Validate and update EDI exception data in accordance with established client procedures.
- Outbound telephone calls to insurance agents and/or insurance carriers.
- Validate insurance information via insurance carrier websites.
- Open and/or complete tasks and routes.
- Work special projects, if applicable to the unit.
- Subject matter expert for multiple clients, systems or functions
- High School diploma or GED
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to create and edit spreadsheets/documents, email attachments)
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize to meet goals as demonstrated in previous position
- Demonstrates leadership skills and has ability to interact effectively with clients and insurance agents/carriers on more complex issues
- 3 years insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending, or related experience
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience preferred