Remote Product Designer
Assurant Labs is looking for a positive, take-charge individual to join our growing team as a Product Designer.
In this role, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to lead the design and creation of a cohesive look, flow, and overall user experience of our mobile application products. We are seeking a designer with an outstanding portfolio and the ability to implement their designs. Candidates must be driven by aesthetic details and user interaction.
Responsibilities will include immediate and far-reaching design decisions that will be seen and used by millions of people every day. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This is a remote position.
- Designing clean, pixel-perfect interfaces for our mobile application product
- Storyboarding experiences and wireframing interfaces
- Designing art assets for our products, partners, and marketing collateral
- Working with developers to track, measure, and optimize user interfaces and experience
- Working with management to quickly prototype ideas
- 3+ years of professional web and/or mobile design experience, knowledge in mobile application design a bonus
- Strong portfolio of previous web and/or mobile work
- Experience with applications for wireframing, high fidelity mockups and generating icons
- Experience with front-end web technologies (e.g., HTML, CSS)
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at a time
- Ability to effectively obtain design project requirements and understand expectations
- Willingness to participate in design pairing and daily critiques
- Passion for simplicity and a deep curiosity of what makes apps sticky
- Exceptional collaborative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with changing job requirements as the company and team grows
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, and/or InVision for creating interactive prototypes to better understand UX flows
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members