Assurant provides an excellent learning environment for Interns. We are seeking a Product Owner Intern to join our LaVergne, TN team this summer! The intern will assist our Global Engineering team by representing customer requests for feature enhancements to the development teams. They will review and prioritize feedback and new requirements from project stakeholders to maximize the product experience.
*This Internship may possibly include the Fall Semester.
**Onsite work times will accommodate class schedules.
- Assist the team with reviewing, accepting, and prioritizing feedback and new requirements from project stakeholders
- Assist with determining acceptance criteria from project stakeholders and effectively communicating to the development team
- Gather feedback from operators on new product implementations
- Work with team members to ensure requirements, pain points, hidden needs, and expected outcomes are properly documented
With this opportunity, the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhance skill sets and competencies that will make them better prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Improve Critical Thinking Skills
- Strengthen Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team of developers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure acceptance criteria is agreed upon and achieved
- Enrolled full-time in college (carrying 12 or more undergraduate credits, or 9 or more graduate credits) in Product Management, Business Management, Product Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- Completed first year of a two-year associates degree program or a four-year bachelor's degree program.
- Be in good academic standing (as defined by a GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- 2 years of strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Organized and able to work under constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Possess a positive outlook, viewing challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Competently handle ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Product Ownership and Agile frameworks
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.