Overview of Position
The Production Support Software Engineer to join our Logistics Production Support team. Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering for the Logistics you will analyze requirements and designs, codes, tests, and maintain application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate to high complexity.
This is a remote position.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Design/develop application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality goals
- Implement solutions and provide system support
- Maintain knowledge of the business operations and strategic goals of Assurant
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL
- 3+ years experience in VB.Net or C#
- 2+ Years experience in API service and testing
- Experience in Azure Service Fabric appreciated
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (e.g. ADO, TFS, GIT, HP Fortify)
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies, including Agile software development practices and supporting tools, unit testing, and automated testing
- Experience dealing with non-creative decision makers.
- Follow guidelines, and work well within a team environment.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Production Support
- Familiar with Supply Chain Business
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.