The Program Manager, Process Improvement will provide knowledge, organization, and logistics to engage stakeholders across multiple business units, and execute projects from inception through completion. This will be done using project management skills, relationship building, in-depth knowledge of the business, and a clear understanding of each cross functional team’s impact and responsibility to the completion of the project.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Utilize software, tools, and expertise, to track, manage, and progress toward project milestones and completion
- Continuously and proactively seek to understand the business, as well as individual department capabilities
- Make suggestions and proposals for project completion
- Work to understand the underlying logic of internal systems and processes and apply them to other processes and simplification efforts, as well as ensure technical feasibility of project plan
- Conduct data-driven analysis to determine financial impacts of projects in the pipeline and make prioritization recommendations
- Work closely with Head of Growth Initiatives and Customer Advocate to understand growth/project opportunities and formulate plans for completion
- Provide tracking and visibility into project statuses, roadblocks, issues, and completion timelines
- Partner with all AVR teams to support growth initiatives and communicate project goals and statuses
- Lead Project meetings and work offline to follow up on individual task completions
- Take ownership of driving project completion
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for flawless execution of projects
- Identify and solve Project issues as they arise
- Synthesize data, input from multiple sources, and translate complex information into easily digestible presentations or messages tailored for the intended audience
- Comply with Assurant policies and guidelines
- Proactively communicate with internal cross functional teams as needed
- Assign responsibilities, accountability, and deadlines, as needed for project components. Learn processes and tasks as needed to understand opportunities for simplification, integration, improvement, etc
- Crosstrain on key tasks to ensure continuity of projects
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive program and project documentation
- Support the AVR VP and the broader AVR Team as needed
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience in a relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in a role with significant project management responsibilities
- Strong MS Office skills and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to be initiative-taking, self-sufficient, and utilize available tools to solve problems
- Effective oral and written communication abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proper grammar, spelling, and email composition
- Strong planning, organization, and time-management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to think objectively and act strategically based on set parameters and knowledge of project objectives
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders in a problem-solving environment
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- PMP Certification
- Oracle or other ERP experience
- Experience collaborating with international customers
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.