We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for Inside Property Adjusters who are ready to step into our fast paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader.
As a Property Adjuster, you will review property damage claim information from the Outside Adjuster, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity. Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. The Property Claims Adjuster will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements. Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth.
This position is work from home temporarily due to Covid.
Job will require you to work in our Atlanta, Miami and Scottsdale Office 2 days out of the week at some time in the future
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of claims adjusting experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5yrs or more of claims adjusting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence