Property Claims Adjuster
Overview of Position
Assurant is looking for Property Claims Adjusters who are ready to step into our fast-paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming future leaders.
As a First Party Property Claims Adjuster, you will review property damage claim information from the Outside Adjuster, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim.
This job requires you to work from our Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL or Scottsdale, AZ Office, 2 days a week and from your home office 3 days a week.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills.
Be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
Excellent communication ad listening skills
Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Ability to adapt to change and work well a fast-paced environment
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of property or industry equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
- If needed, Assurant will assist you in obtaining the adjuster license within a specified time frame and cover any related expenses.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Claims adjusting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.