As a Property Damage Liability Claims Adjuster, you will review property damage claim information from the Outside Adjuster, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
Property Damage Liability Claims Adjusters take a leadership role in sharing their knowledge and experience and help mentor other Adjusters. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and be able to learn and adapt quickly to Assurant policies and procedures. They will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. In addition, they will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with claimants or their representatives.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
- May be given the more challenging and complex claim activity.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED/Bachelors Degree highly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of property damage liability claims handling experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekend hours when needed.
- Must have a P&C Insurance license.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Must reside within distance to our Miami office as this position will be Hybrid requiring at least 2 days in the office.
$52,500.00 - $87,900.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.