This is Not a Remote Position.
The position supports and maintains current certifications (R2, ISO 14001, ISO 45001) and assist with developing implementation plan of ISO 9001: Coordinating and overseeing of projects related to product and process conformance. The Quality Engineer’s role includes identifying, investigating and determining cause of non-conforming related issues. The Quality Engineer will support Quality and other departments with the collection, maintaining, reporting of data. The Quality Engineer supports process and product quality by using quality tools to drive improvements and will support all aspects of process and product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance to R2, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and assist implementing ISO 9001: 2015
- Developing and implementing quality standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specs are met.
- Collaboration with department managers developing & implementing controls and improvements.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Review software testing and SDLC methodologies
- Assist in developing and implementing necessary work instructions, job aids, or training materials and process and product deviations.
- Identify new or potential quality issues through audits, projects, or other methods.
- Use of HYLA systems to input, extract, track and report data to drive improvement.
- Assist in development of audit processes for HYLA/Customer requirements.
- Assist with development and deployment of 5s.
- Support/Hold Emergency meetings
- Understand Root Cause Analysis Fish bone (Ishikawa diagrams)
- Strong ability to interact will senior leadership and communicate issues when found.
- Change Management Prepare and develop systems to sustain excellent Quality
Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality, industrial, engineering, or related field.
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Understanding of statistical tools (SPC)
- Knowledge of process improvement tools such as A3, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.
- R2, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 experience with strong knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 preferred
- ASQ certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, quality management or quality related role.
- Programming and software quality experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Work is performed in a typical warehouse environment with exposure to fluctuating temperatures, moderate to high levels of noise and forklift truck traffic
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Ability to move/lift up to 10 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires prolonged computer use, close attention to detail and ability to interpret data and other information.
- Requires dependable attendance with the ability to work overtime during peak season
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.