Assurant is seeking a Quality Regulatory Review Specialist with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
Overall purpose and objective of this job is conducting quality reviews with compliance components to ensure that Assurant and its clients have appropriate processes to effectively comply with the following regulatory requirements, which applies to mortgage insurance processing and lender placement to mitigate risk: DOJ Metric 28 and 29/RESPA Force-Placed and the Flood Insurance Reform Act (Biggert Waters). Results are summarized and provided to the Business and to Clients on a periodic basis to demonstrate compliance with the associated requirements.
- Responsible for researching and performing quality reviews based upon client, regulatory and internal requirements. Includes analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating procedures and practices.
- Responsible for reviewing loan level detail to validate compliance with requirements for letter timing, letter content, force-placement and refund timing, for all perils.
- Utilizes standardized processes, databases and reporting tools to conduct reviews and communicate results to business partners and clients.
- Conducts targeted audits as requested by management.
- Able to implement assigned reviews, validate review artifacts, and document findings and supporting information for reporting
- Assists in researching root cause as directed and may make recommendations based upon findings.
This is a remote position
- 2 years of operational, compliance, or audit experience.
- 1 year of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- Ability to use MS Excel to enter and correct data.
- Ability to use MS Word for basic formatting, editing and printing function.
- Able to implement a review, collect and verify review evidence, organize date, research requirements, collect and verify review documentation, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports.
- Oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services.
- Build Credibility & Trust
- Collaborate with Others
- Deliver Results
- Analyze Problems & Make Decisions
- Demonstrate Resilience
- Focus on Customers
- Data Collection, Research, Investigation
- Able to meet Key Performance Indicators
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply procedural and regulatory documentation to review activity
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to drive, executes, and meets stated deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.