Overview of Position:
The candidate will assist in coordinating and compiling presentations, control data flow to the rating agencies, stay abreast of developments with our competitors and our rating agencies and convey developments to interested parties, aid in communicating the message of Assurant and its Segments with the agencies and help execute the overall ratings strategy for Assurant.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Prepare Rating Agency Presentations.
- Control data flow to rating agencies
- Review Rating Agency Releases, Surveys, Questionnaires and Reports
- Stay Abreast of Ratings Developments and Inform Interested Parties.
- Interact with Rating Agencies. Act as Overall Day to Day Contact for the Rating Agencies
- Maintain Model and Forecast of Key Rating Agency Metrics
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- College degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of related/finance experience with specific experience analyzing financial data
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner
- Accesses and uses other expert resources when appropriate
- Ability to take action in order to meet, and where possible, exceed customer needs and expectations
- Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How much should I expect to travel?
3-4 Trips a year
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.