The Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager will have direct authority over all ISO Regulatory Environmental, Health & Safety, and R2 (QEHS/R2) activities, some of which include: ensuring QEHS/R2 process documentation and standards are followed, leading QEHS/R2 improvement efforts, leading the internal QEHS/R2 audit and corrective/preventive action programs, managing and integrating the US DCC Regulatory Compliance Teams, filing applicable government legal reports, and otherwise supporting the regulatory activities at the US DCC sites in PA, TX and TN.
This is an onsite role at either our Lewisville, TX or La Vergne, TN locations.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Serve as the face of Assurant to outside vendors and auditors for the regulatory compliance programs
- Signature for the regulatory programs for the Federal, State and local governmental agencies
- Provide verbal and written audit/inspection results
- Map out employed QEHS/R2 process flows and identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Plan and, in conjunction with the US DCC Regulatory Compliance Teams, perform internal QEHS/R2 audit work in accordance with developed ISO & Company standards
- Prepare and submit Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting to the corporation for multiple global regions including US, EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment, and innovation to achieve them
- Create and utilize reports to accurately represent audit task completion rates and percentages
- Liaison between teams, shifts, departments, regional DCCs and corporate groups, and partner with vendor/customer/client representatives
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed
- 10%-50% Travel to cover US DCCs and to manage vendor/customer site audits
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BSc, or equivalent, in engineering or process related subject
- Minimum of eight (8) years quality or regulatory compliance supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership/supervisory role supervising associates across multiple locations
- Certified as a Lead Auditor for:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- Capable of performing research on topics in all areas of reference (OSHA, DOT, Regulatory Standards, Federal Register, ESG, etc.)
- Exceptional knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Office to create spreadsheets, data graphing, statistics, presentations, effective procedures, flowcharts, and inspection standards
- Demonstrate ability to perform internal audits and maintain audit schedules
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- SQ certifications such as a CQA, CQM, or CQE
- Certified as a Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, RIOS:2016, and R2:2013
- Familiarity with 6S, Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality System Gap Analysis techniques with the ability to apply same in a practical, effective fashion
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Has previously been the lead auditee during an ISO registration process
- Has previously led ISO Management Reviews
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.