Overview of Position
Are you someone who loves breaking down technical problems into solvable components? Do you have top-notch customer service and collaboration skills? Are you interested in joining a team comprised of a dynamic mix of technical support professionals who are paving the way to support home and small business tools, applications, and devices? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity that may interest you.
- Starting Pay: $18/hr.
- Remote- Work from home
- This is a Full-time job. Assurant's hours of operation are 24/7, 365 days per year. The 40-hour work week schedule would be within the hours of operation and may be subject to change based on business needs. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.
What makes us different?
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide excellent compensation and retirement programs
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide high-quality technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of PC’s, laptops, Apple computers, tablets, printers, wireless and POE security cameras, mobile phones, and other business and personal devices.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as the customer's advocate, demonstrating expertise in support processes and functions, including escalations, complex issue resolution, and customer retention.
- Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 6 months experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Strong experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following technical specialty areas:
- PC Support: MS Windows, MS Office, Apple OS X, home and small business networking/Wi-Fi, printers, card readers, projectors, etc..
- Mobile Support: iPhone/iPad/iOS, Android phones and tablets, Kindle / e-readers, Fire Tablets.
- Smart Devices: voice assistants, smart lights, smart TV’s, wearable technologies and other automation systems.
- High school diploma or GED (post-secondary education preferred).
- Must be able to type 30-40 WPM.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree a plus.
- 1 year of experience in technical support role.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft, Apple, or other related bodies in the technical industry.
- Experience working within a support organization providing phone/chat/email based support to customers.
- Strong working knowledge of support services tools and applications such as CRM, knowledge base, remote diagnostic and monitoring tools, collaboration tools, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Experience with providing training and coaching, either to customers or to internal colleagues.
- Able to collaborate, interact, cooperate and motivate across job functions and teams.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal) is a plus
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.